It Runs in the Family
Courtney Hurley and her older sister, Kelley, have been fencing since childhood. Her mother and father trained both of them in their family-owned fencing club, and now they represent the United States in competitions around the globe. This year, the Hurley sisters were the first siblings to qualify for the 2016 Rio Games.
Hurley qualified for her first national team, the 2005 Junior and Cadet World Team, at the age of 14. Since 2006, she has been a member of every US Senior World Championship Team. Hurley took home gold medals from the USA Fencing National Championships in 2011 and 2012, and won bronze alongside her sister in the 2012 London Games.
- 2016 Rio Games Competitor
- 2012 London Games Bronze Medalist
- 2012 USA Fencing National Championships Gold Medalist
- 2012 Pan American Championships Team Gold Medalist
- 2012 Pan American Championships Individual Gold Medalist
“Our family is very unique in that we’re all in it together. We worked so hard, all of us, to get to this point. To achieve it is a very good feeling.”